Its official. Serato and Ableton have released a combo that is sure to change the game! Only time will tell but Id put my money on this destroying Pioneers new advancements altogether.
SIXTY-EIGHT Scratch Live 2.0 Features
• Support for two DJs at once.
DJ handover is easy with two USB ports. Easily switch between two laptops without interrupting the music. e.g., DJ A can be playing out channels 1 and 2, and then hand off those channels one at a time to DJ B.
Two DJs can perform in parallel on the same mixer: Two DJs connect, configure which channels they output in software, and then DJ side by-side off the same mixer. eg., DJ A can play out channels 1 and 2, and DJ B can play out channels 3 and 4 at the same time.
• Control of Scratch Live from the hardware control strips.
A plug-and-play preset is included which performs standard functions (Library Navigation, Cues, Loops).
Customizable presets for advanced users who will be able to switch groups, so the control strips become open-assignable like a MIDI controller, allowing custom functions and mapping.
• Record your separate PGM inputs, FlexFX USB Send, Aux Inputs or Main Mix: all possible record sources.
• SP-6 Sample player output assign to mixer channels.
Additional output options are added to the SP-6 Sample Player, allowing a user to choose channels 1-4 or the FlexFX Return as the output. This allows three decks coming out of channels 1-3 and having the SP-6 coming out of channel 4.
• Control and insertion of Software FX using the FlexFX USB Insert.
• Record your mix to disk with pre-fader audio and fader automation recorded.
This option allows a user to record not only audio, but fader automation. This can then be imported into a DAW for editing.
Ableton Bridge support with the first release, with more to be added later.
READ MORE HERE
WATCH MORE HERE